If you are looking for an easy procedure to install a shower screen door, this post is for you. Keep reading to learn the materials you need and how to install them.
Tools and Materials Needed
- Shower screen door
- Tape measure
- Drill and 1/8″ drill bit
- Cordless screwdriver and Phillips head screwdriver bit
- #8 x 1-1/4″ screws
- #8 x 1″ screws
- #8 washers
- Caulking gun
- Silicone caulk
- L-shaped bracket and Knob or handle (optional)
Installing a screen door is a relatively easy project that can add function and style to your bathroom. With a few tools and careful measuring, you can have your new screen door up quickly.
Once you have everything you need, you can begin the installation process. First, measure your shower’s opening to ensure you have the correct size screen door. Then, using the level, mark the top of the door opening where you will install the screen door.
Next, drill pilot holes at the top of the door opening using the 1/8″ drill bit. Once the pilot holes are drilled, you can install the screws, washers, and L-shaped brackets. Start with the screws at the top of the door opening, then work down the sides. Ensure the L-shaped bracket is installed at the bottom of the door opening.
Once the screws and bracket are in place, you can install the screen door in your shower. Start by attaching the top of the door to the screws, then work your way down the sides. Make sure that the door is level and plumb before
Determine the Type of Shower Screen Door You Need
When it comes to choosing a screen door, there are a few things you need to take into account. The first step is to determine the type of door you need. There are two main shower door types: sliding and hinged.
Sliding doors are a great option to save space in your bathroom. They’re also easy to open and close, which can be a plus if you have limited mobility. Hinged doors, on the other hand, provide a more traditional look. They’re also a good choice if you have a lot of space in your bathroom, as they don’t require additional clearance for opening and closing. Both of them are available at MyHomeware in different styles.
Once you’ve decided on the type of door you want, the next step is to choose the material. The most common materials for shower doors are glass and acrylic. Glass is a popular choice because it’s durable and easy to clean. Acrylic is a good choice if you’re looking for a budget-friendly option.
Measure the Shower Opening to get the right screen door for the shower.
If you plan to install a screen door, you need to measure the shower opening. This will ensure that you purchase the correct size door for your shower. To measure the shower opening:
- Start by measuring the width of the opening.
- Measure from one side of the opening to the other, at the top, middle, and bottom.
- Use the smallest of these measurements to determine the width of the opening.
- Measure the height of the shower opening. Measure from the top of the opening to the bottom, at the left, middle, and right. Use the smallest of these measurements to determine the height of the opening.
- Finally, measure the depth of the shower opening. This is the distance from the front of the opening to the back. Measure at the top, middle, and bottom. Use the largest of these measurements to determine the depth of the opening.
Now that you have all your measurements, you’re ready to purchase a shower screen door that perfectly fits your shower opening.
We hope now you can easily install your shower screen door. We have told you how to install the screen door in your shower. As well as you can also learn how you can measure bathroom space to get the right one.