TikTok is an app that has gained popularity in recent years. However, with its sudden rise, scammers have found a way to take advantage of the app’s popularity by setting up fake accounts and posting videos of the severely ill. Such videos claim to show the “victim’s face” as she goes through her suffering. Some people have been fooled because it looks so real, but any time someone posts a video with their face blurred out, it is called a “virtual kidnapping”.
Torii Hunter Jr. is a former American football wide receiver.
Virtual kidnappings are where people pretend to kidnap somebody and try to get money by making it seem like an actual kidnapping. Many TikTok users are being targeted by these virtual kidnappers, which is why they need to know how to stay safe from TikTok video scams. Also, consider to buy TikTok likes because likes can help you stay safe from scams.
Don’t Click on TikTok Phishing Messages
The first tip you must keep in mind while using TikTok is to avoid the messages that pop up on the screen after a few minutes. A lot of messages, including TikTok videos and offers, are being sent by scammers to the users. You should always be aware of their requests and cease from clicking on such messages.
Don’t Share or Download the Videos Being Posted
- Another trap that scammers have set up is making it seem possible to download and share the videos posted on TikTok.
- You will still be able to watch the videos, but the mediaposts problem is that scammers might infect your phone with a virus by sending you a message saying it is a video of your loved one that you must download and share.
Don’t Give Your Details or Money
The scammers are using TikTok to trick people into giving them their personal information and money, or in some cases attempting to convince people that they are in trouble and need money sent to them immediately. Therefore, you must never give out your personal information through TikTok, no matter the situation.
People falling for these scams have even been told they have won a contest and must send money to claim their prize. Before joining any TikTok account, you will consider likes on the videos first because it helps you to know the originality of the account. This is why many people consider to buy TikTok likes.
Don’t Share Links If You Don’t Know Where They Are Leading
- It is a common trick of scammers to send messages via social media and convince people that they are in trouble by sending them a hyperlink they need to share on their social media accounts.
- You should never share links that you don’t eblogz know where it is leading to. Likewise, you should only click on the link if you know who the scammers are.
Do Not Use Virtual Currency or Any Other Payment Method on the TikTok Platform
If you have doubts or hesitations about paying a particular user, you must never use virtual currency, as scammers use it to take money from innocent people. Also, you should never use any other payment method on the platform. Instead, you should always use your accurate payment method.
Do Not Follow Unwanted Emails
- It would help if you never were tricked by people asking you to follow them on TikTok.
- You should always keep your password or bank details because they will send you a message after you have done so asking for money or if you have joined any online club or shop that requires payment.
- These are all part of the schemes set up by scammers who are tricking people and trying to defraud them of their money this way.
Don’t Trust People You Don’t Know
If you don’t know the person sending you a message from TikTok, you should only give them money or personal details. No matter what they are claiming to be and how much they say they have access to your private information and all your details, still, again, you must never trust them as it can lead to a lot of trouble for you.
Mix Things Up with Your TikTok Account
- To stay safe from TikTok video scams, you should change your profile picture and username as often as possible.
- The goal is to avoid having a profile that appears too professional or straightforward.
- You must always mix things up and keep it fresh so that people can avoid finding you, and no scammers can easily trick you on social media platforms like TikTok.
The tips mentioned above can help you stay safe from TikTok video scams. However, you must follow them to protect yourself from falling into the traps these scammers have set up. If you are not aware, you might lose your money or information to a scammer posing as someone they aren’t and asking for money or personal details.